Re: Database Connectivity

by gchurchman(at)medseek.com (Gary Churchman)

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:53:31 -0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"David M. Gorjup" <dgorjup(at)flash.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
One thing that might cause your forms to not populate given the set of
information you described, and that is the establishment of a valid DSN
(Data Source Name) through your Personal Web Server.  I'm not sure exactly
how to do it in PWS (give me ColdFusion or IIS) but it is the procedure in
any server environment for associating the database with the script or web
page.  It usually involves using some sort of user interface that allows you
to give the data source a "friendly" name, then browse for the folder or
file the DNS points at.  This associates the data source to the script
calling the data.  If you want to contact me offline, I may be able to find
a copy of PWS and help further.  My guess is the PWS Help menu may get you
there.

Gary Churchman
Director, Production and Design
MedSeek