Re: Trial period possible?

by "Teajai Kimsey" <tkimsey(at)budgetwebsitedesign.com>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:40:47 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Cleo;

I have often done work on "spec" just to show our capabilities but I don't
give free access for use. After the preview I do take the work down.

If the client wants me to develop a site I do require a deposit and a signed
agreement stating specifically what I will provide and the payment
arrangements.

Time sometimes becomes an issue as clients tend to drag things out by not
providing information or feedback in a prompt manner so I also have a clause
that protects me in that event, requiring payment within a specified time
period regardless of the state of the work (yes I do fulfill my end by
completing the work in any case).

Hope that helps!

Teajai Kimsey
Managing Partner
Beyond Web Design
www.bwdesignservices.com
316.944.8700
Websites From Concept to Completion and Beyond