Re: Newspaper Look

by "Andrew Armstrong" <andrew(at)wisca.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:05:40 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I tend to use a serif font as body and a sans-serif for headings, or vice
versa. I marginally prefer to read serif fonts - but many people prefer
sans. There are some fonts designed for the web: Georgia, Verdana, Trebuchet
are three that spring to mind. Why not start with Verdana as heading font
and Georgia as body, using css so that you can switch fonts around until you
like the result?

(But you have to make sure it looks OK (ish) in the fallback situation,
where the only font options are the generic Serif or Sans-serif.)

Andrew