Re: Order tracking

by "N. Whittley" <nwhittley(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:16:06 -0500
 To:  "jgold" <custom(at)desktoppub.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
NO!

>From what I have observed at Amazon.com when I buy things there.  I place an
order, and not until the order is shipped do they actually give you a
tracking number.  This number is specifically generated by UPS only.

We ship computer components and items all the time.  On the occaision when
we have to request an item be picked up at a location other than our
address, we do not get a tracking number until one is scanned at the time of
pick up.  And then we have to call the place where it is picked up to get
the tracking number, as UPS can't give it to us till it reaches its
destination.  Unless we get the number from the PICK UP LOCATION, we are
unable to track the package.

As Amazon does... only when the shipment is shipped do they notify the
customer and then supply a tracking number.

I do not think there is any other way to handle that.

Nancy