How do I make a scrolling menu

by "Tamara Jackson" <tamara.jackson(at)swish.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:36:04 +1000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Lonna,

That page does have an applet on it, and after a bit of playing with it (I'm
not at all familliar with java applets or how they work), I could make it
display, but I couldn't make it scroll any text. However, if you're using
dreamweaver 3 or up, you can download an extension which will do this all
for you. It utilises layers, and is easy to set and adjust. Go to:
http://www.ribbers-zeewolde.nl/dreamweaver/, and download the first
extension on the page - the Cross-browser AutoScroller. The only difference
with this is that it doesn't automatically stop periodically. It only stops
when you mouse over a link. But you can set the speed at which it scrolls,
so it should be alright. She has tested it for cross browser compatability,
but not cross platform. There are also a number of other extension on her
page which are just as much fun to use.

Good luck :)

Tamara Jackson.