Re: software text editors

by "Angel One" <angelone(at)angelonearth.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:29:45 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ok I'll add my tiny brain's thoughts to this one too.... <grin>
As I mentioned before, I use 1st Page. It has tabs (in the "Expert" mode) to
add code so that you don't have to type it all in. Yes, I would think it's a
waste of time to code pages in NotePad or similiar text editors.
    I have never tried - & probably never will - a wysiwyg. (don't send
hatemail I'm sure Dreamweaver & others are OK) One of my clients uses
frontpage, & she gets code like this (currently on her site):
href="http://www.domainname.com" target="new"><font Information and
Resources</font Agencies</font Network</font Advisory, Inc.</font
HUH??!!??
Also, it frequently adds multiple font codes that do nothing:
Not only that, but FP adds *links* to Mickysoft, which incidently do not
even work!!!
    With 1st Page, you have to know the code (or at least most of it), but
it dosen't add anything you don't want. BTW you can change the settings to
add all atributes to each specific code or just the bare code. It's free but
I tried several HTML editors that were not cheap (& I was willing to pay for
one) & I liked 1st Page better.
My dangerous thoughts again....
~ Paul