Re: XHTML Problem With Netscape 6

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:15:24 -0500
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You should use CSS to provide presentation formatting.

You can redefine the img tag in your stylesheet, or assign a style via a
class or id.

for instance:

img {
 border: 0px;
}

This simple assertion will cause all images in your site to be
borderless...assuming, of course, that a) the stylesheet is linked to those
pages or included in them, and b) the user's browser supports this level of
CSS.

From: <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>

>Now I'm confused... I know the validators scream "Bad! Bad! Bad! Naughty
>programmer! Go sit in a corner!" if border="_" is in the IMG tag, but I
>can't figure out why! Can anyone else point to the spec for why this is?

Not sure, just guessing, but could it be that the result of using the
vspace="0" and border="0" is the same as leaving those out altogether?
That would make them superfluous. I don't know anything about XML so I'm
just guessing.