Re: Shopping Carts

by "Andie" <infomail(at)cogeco.ca>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:35:33 -0400
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I didn't say you didn't have to configure it, I said you didn't have to know
much code. You do have to configure the shipping, taxes and a few other
things but once that is set up, it is simply a matter of having the proper
code in the link to your account page. The code in the link is simple to
configure.

I just added 14 news titles to my CD store which I have set up on Mal's. I
already have a template page for each CD in the store in which I change the
CD cover, track listing and review but all I have to do for the cart is
change the CD name and code in the buy now link.

Mal's does offer a couple of third party options for the merchant accounts
that can work in conjuntion with the shopping cart. I did not choose that
option for a couple of reason, 1) I do not have enough volume to justify the
fees for real-time credit card processing and 2) I'm in Canada and the third
party merchant accounts are U.S based. I just retrieve my orders from the
Mal's secure server and I process them manually through my own merchant
account through a web-based system.

This works fine for our needs but may not be suitable for your client.

Andie