Re: That is Annoying

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Mar 2000 03:15:52 -0000
 To:  "Christopher M. Batman" <cbatman(at)enteract.com>,
"Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Chris (and anyone else using Outlook Express)

I use Outlook Express too, but I've never had to change my mail
filters - just set up:

Where the From line contains 'hwg-techniques'
    or Where the To or CC line contains 'hwg-techniques'

(In versions before Outlook Express 5.0 you'll have to set up each of
"From", "To" and "cc" as a separate filter).

The only posts that are missed by this are those which, for some reason
have been bcc'd to the list, but they are rare.

Regards,
Donna

PS.  Yes, I know the best and simplest way is to filter on "sender" -
Outlook Express doesn't allow that, but I'm happy with the functionality
it does provide - it does what I need it to - and I can live with the
half a dozen posts a year that slip past the filter shown above.
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk
Different Worlds:  http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/dms/