Re: Acrobat pdf download

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:02:44 -0800
 To:  "Jay Smith" <jay(at)JaySmith.com>,
"Trevor Lockwood" <trevor(at)author.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yet one more option to consider here...

You have the standard link to the PDF file. If the enduser has Adobe Acrobat
installed and this program is "integrated" with the operating system (MSIE)
or included as a helper application (Netscape), the file will load in their
browser. To allow for them to just click and save, simply ZIP the PDFs up,
and link to the ZIP files instead. This produces the need to decompress the
files once they've been downloaded, but they won't open by default in the
browser.

Kehvan