Re: I need some Database/Design advice

by "rudy limeback" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:24:52 -0500
 To:  <itsjustrob(at)usa.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I have never worked with database/website integration before. I have
>some ideas of how I might go about this, but I'm curious about what you
>all have to say. What would be the best way to accomplish this task?
>Does anyone have any recommendations for software packages that
> might be helpful?

hi rob

whew, that's a pretty general question

what type of database-capable server side languages can you run on the
host?  look for asp, cold fusion, php, each has its advantages

then for the database itself, if you find yourself on an asp host, chances
are you'll be working with microsoft sql/server as the database, if you can
use php then probably mysql, and so on

in any case the actual table design and sql to get the data in and results
out, based on your description, should be pretty straightforward, let me
know if you need anyhelp on that end