Re: Java Problems...Still

by "Cindy Stanley - Stanley Support Service" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Feb 2000 21:06:08 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>From: Wendell Webb <ww(at)cyberdude.com>
>> downloaded several java applets, some of which I would like to put on
>> web page.  I think  that I am using the right syntax, i.e.  <applet
>> code="whatever.class" width=w height=h> </applet>
>>
>> When I try to view this on a browser(I have IE and Netscape) I get a
>> message on the task bar-Unable to load applet.whatever.class.

Just catching this thread, so not sure if this has been mentioned. Make
sure you have uploaded your class files to the proper directory on your
server. For example: If you have the applet code in a page that is
listed in your *home* directory, then make sure the class files are
uploaded into that same directory.

--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service