Re: Flasy Text

by "Cindy Stanley - Stanley Support Service" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:54:48 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Gay America Business Birectory <webmaster(at)gabd.com>
>I'm new to this list and I need a little help or a few suggestions.
I've
>been asked to design a web site for a Real Estate office and they want
>flashy entrance page. Something where the text fades in from the
>background and then flashes for a moment.
>Lisa McSparrin

You could opt to use java, javascript, or flash. With java or
javascript, you don't need any new software to produce your effect, with
flash, that would require software from Macromedia. Java and javascript
is not quite as nice looking as flash can be, but it could be a start,
but keep in mind, viewers must have a java enabled browser, and/or
javascript turned on.

Check out this javascript, for something simple:
<http://javascript.internet.com/messages/slideshow-source.html>

If interested in using java applets, then there are free applets out
there that can produce spinning text, flashing text, etc. Keep in mind
though, java does take some time to download, depending on what kind of
applet you use. Generally, it's not too long of a download when just
using text, as opposed to usings graphics. Here's a start for free
applets:
<http://javaboutique.internet.com/text/>

Oh, another option could be to make your own animated gif for your text.

--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service