Re: How is this background done?

by "rudy limeback" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:18:13 -0400
 To:  "gregory Landry" <glandry1(at)maine.rr.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Can someone tell me how the background is done at
> http://www.dnadesign.com/3/ ? I've always wanted to set
> up a background similar to this site but I've never been sure how.

hi greg

yes, your question is on topic

the background was done like this:

;o)

seriously, you're probably referring to the green and yellow coloured area?

that's a "sliced table" using images for the rounded corners (e.g. upper
left http://www.dnadesign.com/3/Media/ul.gif)

but that's as far is i want to go

DO NOT USE THIS PAGE as a model for learning html

there is some html coding in there that is simply atrocious

take this table, for example (... please) ---

           border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"
           gridx="5" showgridx gridy="5" showgridy>

aside from the abominably non-standard stuff in there, this entire table is
inside an href!! (just click on the green area somewhere away from an
obvious link)

roll your mouse over the 5 little icons (news & info, portfolio, etc.) --
no status bar information

no, i can't take it no more, i'm outta there

if you're interested in slicing up images, check out a program called
Fireworks from www.macromedia.com -- it's a commercial product but it does
just what you want and generates pretty good html to boot