Re: Weird table problem...

by "rudy limeback" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:32:11 -0400
 To:  "Barnabas Toth" <barnabas(at)maximum-threshold.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I'm developing a site with FrontPage 2000 and noticed this really weird
>table problem on my site. If you go and access
>http://www.maximum-threshold.com you will notice that the "Technology
News"
>column table has a double border on the left side. Anyone here have any
idea
>on what could be causing this?

hi barnabas

not seeing this problem in internet explorer 4, although the page is very
hard to read (see below)

in netscape 3 the page doesn't show up at all except for the contents of
the third row second cell (the address bar shows
http://www.webdog.org/cgi-bin/planinsert.pl so maybe this component was not
found)

the way this page is laid out is very hard to read -- you might want to
reconsider your 4-up column format and use 2-up at most

if you go 1-up you get the added benefit of not needing the entire page
enclosed in a table, which will allow it to render a lot faster

for an example, see Tasty Bits from the Technology Front --
http://www.tbtf.com/archive/current-issue.html