Re: targeted links

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:47:04 -0400
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Noteworthy Web Designs <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>
>I've just finished http://www.peekintothepast.com, and I have some
links
>doing some bizarre things. From the table of contents page, the links
>are supposed to all be targeted to certain anchors on the excerpts
page.
>For some reason, using Internet Explorer works fine. All the links go
>their targeted areas. But in my Netscape 4.6, the links keep targeting
>to the bottom of the excerpts page, no matter where they're supposed to
>be.

Karen,
When inserting your <a name=""> elements, on the excerpts page, you
should not leave it *empty* before closing that <a> element, ie:

but, instead, wrap your <a> around another tag or text, ie:

Netscape tends to *break* when documenting butted tags with nothing in
between the beginning and the ending tag.

HTH,
Cindy K. Stanley, SSS