Re: folder permissions

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:14:24 -0400
 To:  "Hwg-Techniques (E-mail)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Rob Prentice <RJP(at)clickdms.com>
> we have a site on easyspace.com and i want to set the permissions on a
>folder so you need a username and password to access it. can i do it
via
>ftp? ive tried CHMOD but i get access denied.

If you have the cgi-bin upgrade service at easyspace, then you should be
able to ftp to the server, right click on the folder you want to set the
permissions to and select chmod. If this access is denied, then I would
guess you don't have the upgrade package?? If you do have the cgi-bin
upgrade, then I would contact the administrator/webmaster of that server
and see if he can set the permissions for you.

--
Cindy K. Stanley, SSS
Stanley Support Service