Re: Fonts in Tables

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:01:22 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Fox Rodgers <entr0py(at)juno.com>
><FONT FAMILY="Helvetica, Geneval, Arial Narrow" Size="2">
>is the combination of font/sizing I need, but REGARDLESS of where I
place
>it, my tables default to the Times New Roman,etc settings

The attribute used to call the typeface is FACE and not FAMILY in the
still supported by current browsers. When using a size relative to the
default font size (which is 3), you should use a minus or plus sign,
with quotes, ie:

>Does the <BASE FONT="x" SIZE="x"> line do anything?

The correct element and attribute is:
<basefont face> It sets the base font parameters to be used as a default
for any text that is not otherwise formatted by a style sheet or by
using the <font> element.  This is deprecated in favor of style sheets,
although <basefont> is still supported by the current browsers.

--
Cindy K. Stanley, SSS