Re: font size for Macs (was: My Apologies - review please . does it work for you mac users?)

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:38:27 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Mike Kear <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>
>It's at http://www.bluegrass.org.au
>I have a user on one of my sites complaining that the fonts are too
small to
>read.  "My page is totally unreadable, and the others aren't much
better" he
>says.

Have a look at this page, to compare the point size of fonts on Windows
as opposed to a Mac:
<http://info.med.yale.edu/caim/manual/pages/font_face.html>

Windows and Macintosh OS's display type differently. Type displayed on
Windows browsers look 2 to 3 points larger than the same face on the
Macintosh.

>p {  font-size: 8pt; <snip>
>question is, since I dont have a mac to check it on, should I change it
for
>macs?

IMHO, yes, for I can imagine how an 8pt font looks like on a Mac.

--
Cindy K. Stanley, SSS
Stanley Support Service