Re: Ordered Lists UPDATE

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Sep 2000 02:19:19 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Cindy Stanley

From: Frank Boumphrey <bckman(at)>
>But by doing this you corrected the error.

LOL .... thank you  :)

>However the error was not the closing li tags,  which are perfectly
>legal, but the fact the nested ol element was a direct child of
>another ol. removing the closing li tag made the nested ol a child
>of the li element rather than the ol element!

Okay, I see this now, since you mentioned to check the parse tree box prior
to validating. See, my solution did *make the page validate*, but in all
actuality, I wasn't sure why. I know why now! Thanks for bringing this to my
attention and others :)

Cindy K. Stanley, SSS
Stanley Support Service