Re: .pdf file on my site now

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:11:25 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: April <april(at)farstrider.org>
>I dont' know if this was answered, but everyone keeps asaking.
>You need Adobe Acrobat  (Reader is not enough).

I was looking for other ways around this, which I know there are
for converting *pagemaker files to pdf* (as opposed to
converting doc files to pdf), by using the Export Adobe PDF
plug-in included with Adobe PageMaker 6.5x to create Portable
Document Format (PDF) files from PageMaker publications.

Also, a way around it, w/out having to purchase Adobe Acrobat,
is if you have MS Word. That app can save directly to pdf, if you
have the current plugin for it. The plugin is free and called 5D PDF
Creator, which adds a menu item to MS Word (File>5D PDF
Creator>Create PDF File/Settings). This is available free for
people who register with
<http://www.ctrlp.com>or can be purchased
(see <http://www.pdfstore.com/>
or <http://www.five-d.com/>).

Also, Adobe offers a online pdf writer, as a free one time trial,
that's done on the fly at their site. This supports files made in
PageMaker:
<http://cpdf1.adobe.com/index.pl?BP=IE>

I was looking for "the easiest and best way to convert files to pdf
w/out having to purchase any expensive software".

I was questioning *Lanice's* solution, which was never given,
thinking maybe it was a way around it, other than purchasing
Adobe Acrobat, or any of the above solutions.

It was stated the following:

From: MVHOG(at)aol.com <MVHOG(at)aol.com>
>"I was asking the other day about converting a .doc file to .pdf for
>my web page, and had several replies and I again thank everyone.
>I have now put a page together"

I thought it would be helpful to me, or others, once one states they
have accomplished their task, then please, when replying, include
your solution.

--
Cindy