Re: table trouble again!

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Mon, 2 Apr 2001 21:50:46 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Nate Harel" <nate(at)email.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>      www.nettsv.com/RedRover/index.html
> shows the left column differently in IE and NN.
> Can anyone tell me how to make them the same
> size in both and why this is happening?

hi nate

netscape tries to balance your columns when there isn't enough content to
force them open, and internet explorer just tries to do what you said

here's the essence of your table --

what you want to do is force the second column to open all the way -- you
can do this by giving it a width like 90%, or else ensuring that there's
enough content

i wrote an article about this technique, called Liquid Tables

  http://evolt.org/article/LiquidTables/20/2321/evolt.org

please feel free to write back if it still doesn't make sense...

rudy.ca