Re: the Netscape table headaches continue...

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Sun, 20 May 2001 09:36:32 -0400
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I have a page with tables at
> http://www.noteworthydesigns.com/business_organization_directory.htm
> that's doing strange things in Netscape. There are tables within a main
> table (set up to allow images at the top and bottom to make the whole
> thing look like it's in a rounded rectangle). Netscape makes the whole
> thing look like it's running past the border past the rounded corners.
> It looks just fine in IE4. I'm using Netscape 4.5. Help!

hi karen

the page is so heavy that it wants to open in wordpad rather than
notepad -- that's not necessarily bad, but it is a serious warning sign,
that the contents of your table (which makes up the entire page) might be
too complex for the browser to render it the way you thought you coded it

your problems may be related to this --

ask yourself what the result will be if the browser were to interpret the
percentage width in each case as the percentage of the window rather than
the percentage of the thing it's contained in

sorry, i was unable to track down what was causing your table to blow up

perhaps you could make a clean template without (a) the nav bar down the
left, and (b) the directory stuff

that will at least let you isolate the problem

rudy