Re: font size question

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:13:11 -0400
 To:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<ryaneffectz(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> It would seem your choices are:
>(a) Leave everything as is
>(b) If you're using style sheets, change to 11pt
>(c) Change your style sheet to pixels instead.
>(d) If you're not using style sheets - shame on you! Start using
>          style sheets and use one of the above options.

hi mike

first off, i agree with (d), except for the part about using one of (a),
(b), or (c)

please don't take this personally, i'm not arguing with you, but i also
want to be quite clear about this issue -- you did not include my
suggestion to ryan, which was "the best way to specify font size is not to
specify font size at all"

(a) "leave everything as is" certainly does not cover my suggestion,
because ryan said "I'm using Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, at 10 points"
and both (b) and (c) also set the font size

so you need to add another option -- remove the font size spec altogether!!

rudy
http://rudy.ca/