Re: Super/Subscript Font Please help

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:36:17 -0400
 To:  <martha(at)financialcircuit.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
hi martha

> I'm in agreement with Chuck.  Unless you can find the specific
> ASCII or Unicode character, you'll be out of luck as far as the
> line spacing issue is concerned.  That is just the nature of the
> beast with the super- and subscript tags....

i gotta disagree

at least, for superscripts (haven't done subscripts myself)

here's a very simple, satisfying technique (how on-topic, eh?) that will
leave linespacing unchanged

go ahead and check it out for yourself  (i used a screen loupe and actually
counted pixels, and it was perfect at several different font sizes)

the trick is you gotta go small before you go sup

remember, when people say you're out of luck, they're not always right

no offence, guys

rudy