Re: Latin Page Filler Text - OT

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Sat, 21 Jul 2001 18:52:57 -0400
 To:  <pjkmecak(at)snet.net>,
"hwg-tech" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Some time back somebody explained the "faux latin"
> sometimes seen as a font tester or page design tool

hi paul

it wasn't me, but i have a pretty good version

search on google for "greek text" or "greeking" or "lorem ipsum" and you
will no doubt find many different versions and even some pages with an
academic flavour that attempt to trace its origins (e.g.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010216.html)

anyhow, here's my version, which at least always manages to break me up
when i use it (no, i didn't write it, i don't know who did) --

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol. Olypian quarrels et
gorilla congolium sic ad nauseum. Souvlaki ignitus carborundum e pluribus
unum. Defacto lingo est igpay atinlay. Marquee selectus non provisio
incongruous feline nolo contendre. Gratuitous octopus niacin, sodium
glutimate. Quote meon an estimate et non interruptus stadium.

rudy
http://rudy.ca/