Re: Stacked tables (I'll betcha this is a stupid question, but here goes):

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:09:11 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Berk/Devlin" <armadill(at)earthlink.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> What SEEMS to work is adding an align="left" into
> the <.table> tag, so it becomes <.table align="left">

hi emily

no, that will get you into trouble, as eric pointed out

the purpose of the align attribute in the table tag is the same as it is in
the image tag -- to place the object and allow subsequent content to flow
around it

you know how you often see an image used as a large capital letter at the
start of a paragraph?  or the image of the author, with content flowing
around it?  that's the align tag

okay, now if you align a table left, you are telling the browser to try to
place whatever follows it beside this table to the right

i have seen some really ugly results using

typically this does not allow very much room for stuff to the right,
n'est-ce pas?

just go with no align attribute on the table at all, and it will be placed
left by default!

rudy
http://rudy.ca/