Re: Coldfusion vs ... Oh dear!

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:08:31 -0400
 To:  "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>,
"Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> the only way you can avoid doing that is
> to write your own native Driver!

well, whatever -- like i said, i don't really do stuff at that level

> ALL data access systems are simply a layer
> between the client and the datasource

well, yes, but that was the whole point of this thread, the old cold fusion
versus asp holy war, er, i mean, discussion

and in this context, yes, they are both "simply a layer" but one of them is
a damn sight simpler than the other one!!

(no secret which side i'm on)

> while I pour myself another Margurita.

exactamundo, and quite the right attitude when it comes to unnecessary code

mine's a gin & tonic in august, in september i move on to
sambuca on ice...

rudy