Re: smart tags

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Sat, 18 Aug 2001 12:44:59 -0400
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> What a pain it would be to add the tag they mentioned
> to all my pages (hundreds and hundreds!) Is it really necessary?

hi karen

well, it couldn't hurt    ;o)

on my site, it goes into the meta.txt file that gets included into every
page via server side includes, so it's no biggie...

the tag looks like this --

okay wait a sec, is it really gonna stop anything?

will it just be ignored, like the robots disallow?

fer sure the other smart-tag-like link hijacking systems out there are not
going to obey it...

rudy
http://rudy.ca/