Re: ASP - converting to SQL server

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:09:03 -0400
 To:  "Klaas De Waele" <klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Still... question remains... in which ways should I edit my ASP
> pages so to work with the SQL server file and are there specific
> loops/commands/... that should be altered?

sorry, can't help you much there, i don't do asp

you will probably need to look at any code that deals with autonumbers,
which in sql/server are identity columns -- not that the code will need
changing, as it would if you were converting to oracle, say

also, watch out for other differences in datatypes, and do a double-check
to make sure your column names aren't reserved words like "date"

presumably, your code will not change very much, since the sql should be
isolated from the asp script

rudy