Re: Javascript Question

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:29:16 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Ben Ocean" <lists(at)TheWebsons.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I have a window that opens a child window via a Javascript.
> There is a link in said child that I would like to redirect the parent
> onUnload (and close of said child). Unfortunately, parent.location
> doesn't work since that simply references the child. What do?

hi ben

not sure i understand how this is supposed to work -- what does unLoad have
to do with it?  it sounds almost like you want the user to close the child
manually before the parent loads the linked page?

i will make the assumption that it's simpler than that -- there's a link in
the child window and when the user clicks it, the child window closes and
the parent window loads the page that the link in the child window was
pointing to

that's easy

in the child, code the link like this --

           onclick="opener.location.href=this.href;
                      self.close();return false;">foobar</a>

rudy