Re: CSS stylesheets revisited

by "rudy" <r937(at)interlog.com>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Feb 2002 01:01:37 -0500
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Linda Mercer/Wishstar" <catnip(at)ais.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I want the LINKS, visited links and active links to be in different
colors,
> but since the search engine programs actually adds the links...
> is there some way to assign these using the table/cell/table body
> or other more genenal class and not l,ink by link?

hi linda

assign the colours to the A tag, without classes

   a:link, a:visited {
      text-decoration: none;
                color: #3933E7 ;
     background-color: #69E3B7 ;
        }
   a:hover, a:active {
      text-decoration: underline;
                color: #69E3B7 ;
     background-color: #3933E7 ;
        }

this will be used by all the generated links (assuming they have no class
on them)

then if you want a separate set of colours for other links, like your nav
links, give classes to those

rudy