Re: Mac Test Machine

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sun, 24 Sep 2000 08:09:08 -0400
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Did anyone here my sigh?  I refuse to spend 10k on Mac testing machines.
Not because I don't think it's important, but because I do believe I'd have
to hire 3 more people to use them, and my poor clients would be paying for
all this!

Is this response to indicate that every different Mac monitor size is a
whole environment for a web page?

From: "Mark Stradling" <mark.stradling(at)blueberry.net>

Well for a) you will need three.  One old PowerMac, one new iMac and one new
G3/G4.

Sadly this is required because of the way the MacOS handles screen area.

Macs work off of screen size and not screen resolution like PC's (it's just
one of those inherated querks, but means you can have an iMac running say
IE4.5 and a G4 running a copy of IE4.5 installed from EXACTLY the same
installer file you used in the iMac and your DHTML will work on the G4 and
NOT work on the iMac - this is the voice of personal experience!).