Re: You never had headaches unil the iOpener...

by Kathy Wheeler <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>

 Date:  Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:03:39 +1100
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> It doesn't do CSS at all.....HTML 3.2, Javascript 1.1 and even some of
> 3.2 it doesn't see.

It doesn't have to if you can use server side user_agent sniffing. Lack of
css in 3.2 is something I'd forgotten (silly me) but if you server-side sniff
you can change "hardcoded" font sizes for that client, or redirect to a
diferent page coded for it. Messy, not nice, but either should be workable.

> BTW, I tried to mail you off list, but your domain will not accept
> Earthlink mail.

I know. I tried to mail you off list too until I my email program reminded me
that my ISP has blocked earthlink cause we were getting thousands of spam
messages from their domain daily, and they (earthlink) wouldn't respond to
our complaints. <.shrug>

Cheers,
KathyW.