Re: Excel / my SQL

by Kathy Wheeler <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:02:27 +1100
 To:  "Tamara Nelson" <tamara(at)sanctusmoo.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Is it true that I can import a CSV file (created by Excel) into mySQL using
> PHP?

fgetcsv (PHP) does that job nicely (pulls csv files into PHP as an array).
You can then do whatever you want to with the data.

I have a client that has an entire site that uses flat csv files as the
"database". They're a boutique site so their product line is not huge, and it
fits in with their proprietary intranet back end. (Mind you I could do with a
"fputcvs" ... )

Cheers,
KathyW.