Re: Hot Bar Woes and unwanted links.

by Kathy Wheeler <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:13:01 +1100
 To:  "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Wednesday 27 November 2002 12:04, Frank Boumphrey wrote:
> and Domain Name Availabilty, and Domain Name were under lined  in Yellow,
> background highlighted in yellow on a mouse over and were coverted into
> links!!(to http://www.domainbank.net/index.cfm?affiliateid=1103)  I did not
> do this, and  the souce code, viewed directly, shows no evidevnce of
> linkage

Wasn't this one of Micro$oft's "bright ideas for IE" to turn (what they
considered) key words into active links? It was touted some time back that
they were going to do that and link to their "preferred" sites. I think the
idea got abandoned due to too much bad flack ... but it would not surprise me
to find a few IE's in the wild with this "feature".

Cheers,
KathyW.

PS Convert you're kids machine to Linux ... my life has been sooo much less
hassle since I did that to my kids machine.