Re: Moving MySQL databases.

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:55:34 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually, Mike, a quick way to handle smaller databases is via an SQL dump.
MySQL has a command built in for that - "mysqldump", I believe - which can
make life easy by creating an SQL-formatted ASCII file that can then be read
back into MySQL at another point (or location.)

An easy way to handle this is to use phpMyAdmin, a web-based administrative
interface for MySQL.  You can find it at http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ and
you'll love it if you are new to both PHP and MySQl.  Set it up in your HTML
tree, htpasswd it while you are working, make a couple of changes to the
config entries in config.inc.php and you have yourself a very neat front end
for your database needs...:).