Re: Graphic Problem

by "Paul Wilson" <webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:15:38 -0800
 To:  "T. Kimsey" <annique(at)kscable.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Maybe someone here can give me some input to a graphics problem I seem to
be
> having.  If you will look at the beginnings of this site:
> http://www.kimseyfamily.com
>
> You will see ugly white showing around the edges of the title and the
> vertical bars.  The graphic was made in Photoshop (I have photodraw and
> freehand as well).  I saved it in transparent gif format.  I tried
different
> things but can't seem to loose the white.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or the "magic" secret to this problem?

Yes, the problem is that the original background for the image was white.
Its better of your starting with a transparant background and you stay with
that.

 Since you are using aliasing to smooth the edges, it blends the white in
where the letters transition to the background.  Use a transparant
background or a dark background and your problem will dissapear.

Paul Wilson
webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com