Re: Opera Problems - anyone else

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:53:38 -0800
 To:  "Andy Innes" <innax(at)>,
  todo: View Thread, Original

You'll have to set your scripts to detect a bit more that just MSIE...
Here's the HTTP_USER_AGENT string for Opera, even when it's set to identify
itself as MSIE 5:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows XP) Opera 6.01 [en]

Notice that it includes it's real name in there...

Here's the other ID strings it can send:

Mozilla/3.0 (Windows XP; U) Opera 6.01 [en]
Mozilla/4.78 (Windows XP; U) Opera 6.01 [en]
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows XP; U) Opera 6.01 [en]
Opera/6.01 (Windows XP; U) [en]

In all cases, it does include its true identity in the tag, so just look for
that in your scripts.

Hope this helps!

:: NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002 scanned this email prior to sending. It is free
:: of any known embedded or attached viruses, trojans, or internet worms.