Re: Website Comments (PHP)

by Kathy Wheeler <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:57:23 +1100
 To:  Jason <dawgclan(at)shaw.ca>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Wednesday 26 February 2003 03:31, Jason wrote:
> Looks like a great system Klaas, does it cost money, or you give the
> script for free?

I can't speak for Klaas and didn't have time to look at his url myself.
Perhaps Klaas could comment on that?

> I am thinking in the end I will use a text file,
> perhaps you could explain how you did yours, and these csv files, Whats
> a csv file?

csv is a pretty old format - simply "comma separated variables" eg:
"line1 text1","line1 text 2 stuff","line1 text 3 stuff" ... etc
"line2 text1","line2 text 2 stuff","line2 text 3 stuff" ... etc

To find the usage go to www.php.net and put "fgetcsv" (without the quotes ;-)
into the function search box in the top right corner :-) It has lots of great
info and examples in the user comments.

> I know .htaccess is secure, I just never tried using it before.

.htaccess can be used to protect whole directories or individual files.
Documentation on the latter can be hard to find some times :-) so if you need
it let me know and I'll send the syntax to you.

Cheers,
KathyW.