Re: Online Appointment Book

by "Jeff Lash" <jeff(at)jefflash.com>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:29:24 -0500
 To:  <Hwg-Techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
What you want to do sounds like it can easily be accomplished with a
CGI-based calendar program. I haven't ever set one up myself, but they look
like they would solve your problem. A good place to look is at
http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Calendars/ -- they
have over 20 different ones listed, and each one works a little differently.
Some have neat features like email notification, cookie support,
administration menu, etc. Most are free to use as well.

I'd tackle an easier CGI program before setting one of these up if you're
new to CGI. Matt's Script Archive (http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/) is
the place to start, with simple scripts and straightforward instructions.
There are tons of places online that have CGI tutorials -- some of the
better ones are at:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/cgi.html
http://webdeveloper.internet.com/cgi-perl/cgi_beginners_perl.html
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/programming/perl_cgi/

Or, if you're not up for setting it up yourself, you can go to
http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Remotely_Hosted/Calendars/
and view their list of remotely-hosted calendar services. Or, if you'd
rather try C or C++ than Perl,
http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/C_and_C++/Calendars/ has a
list of C and C++ based calendar resources.

Hope this helps...

.jeff.