Re: Warning about Netscape 7 Preview

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Jun 2002 07:51:58 -0700
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Karen,

Perhaps you misunderstood me, and that's easy, considering I went into a
MAJOR rant over Netscape there... ;-) MOZILLA, despite the name, is the same
as NETSCAPE (including the password-rememberer and such). You really think
AOL would bother with making GOOD improvements to a browser? Yeah, right.
That was a Mozilla thing, based on the popularity of the same from IE.

As for telling a customer that you tested their site in Mozilla, there's
really no need to. Since Netscape 6 and 7 are based on Mozilla (NS6 was
based on the Mozilla 0.8+ betas, NS7 is based on the Mozilla 1.0 PR3 code),
there's really not much of any difference. You can use Mozilla and Netscape
6/7 almost interchangeably. The biggest difference is the fact that Mozilla
doesn't include Net2Phone, WinAMP, AIM, GoZilla, or a number of other
useless software or software better acquired elsewhere. Mozilla has the Mail
client, the Composer, and the Browser. Pretty much all anyone really needs
for testing (and in many cases, day-to-day use) purposes. At 1/3 the size.
Where YOU control how and where it installs. :-)

I strongly urge you to get a copy. I'm serious. The size only about 10MB for
the Windows ZIPfile. Download it, make a folder for it, extract all the
data, then make a shortcut to mozilla.exe. It's better than you think. Of
course, installer-based versions are available, too.

Kehvan

NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002 scanned this email prior to sending. It is free
of any known embedded or attached viruses, trojans, or internet worms.