Re: Warning about Netscape 7 Preview

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:07:00 -0700
 To:  "Martin Clifford" <MLC1(at)nrc.gov>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Heheheheheh!

It DOES sound like that, doesn't it? I have no connection with the Mozilla
team at all, other than I stumbled across their work almost three years ago
and have been a part of the beta team since then, reporting errors as I came
across them. I have to admit that with ONE exception (where Mozilla
interpreted the code **BY SPEC** and ALL other browsers fudged it), I've not
found anything really wrong with the browser's handling of pages. Most bugs
I found were in how it interacted with the OS, and as others have mentioned,
most eloquently by Elizabeth Davies, the Windows OS is rather a joke in
coding circles... It's pretty and in my experience at least, XP is pretty
stable, too, but I've heard of other OSs that are even better. Too bad I've
not found a flavor of LINUX I really like yet that can run the software I
need it to...

Kehvan

NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002 scanned this email prior to sending. It is free
of any known embedded or attached viruses, trojans, or internet worms.