Re: ISP Questions

by "Nancy Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:21:02 -0400
 To:  <David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It is just personal preference.. no particular reason.  My husband uses
ZoneAlarm and loves it.
I had ConcealPC before we ever used ZoneAlarm.  I used it for a short time,
but just
preferr the way that the other program works.  Nothing wrong with the
program in general.
They are both good and do the an excellent job keeping things out.

I think it is because the Conceal lets me id an ip number, and it will also
tell me what program someone is using to access my system with  for
instance, I may get a pop up and it will say
IP #such and such  is wanting to connect with your
computer using Bo-Danger

Or it will tell me someone is using PC Anywhere, or some other program.
I have seen so many names of programs that are out there being used to gain
access to my system.
Well not necessarly my system, but any system they can detect.
This is something I dont' get from ZoneAlarm.  Maybe because I didnt' play
with it enough but I just perfer this other program.

:-)
Nancy