Re: tranparency headaches

by "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:03:41 -0500
 To:  "Noteworthy CyberSolutions" <mail(at)noteworthycybersolutions.com>,
"HWG Writer's Guild" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello.....

Actually, when I looked at the image (IE6, 800x600) the side menu didn't
scroll. It does look like there is an image at the bottom that is not
showing up completely. (right below the "Member ARA" logo.) As far as the
image in the top of the menu, I can see a few jaggies around the edges, but
it doesn't look just totally awful. Since you're using PSP, have you tried
using the gif optimizer to save the image? I've done some experimenting with
using gradients as backgrounds in tables, and must say those experiments
failed miserably. However, what I was trying to do was to use the gradient
across the top of the page without scrolling. Your gradient looks just fine,
probably because you're using it in a narrow frame where repeating isn't an
issue.

Just a thought,
Dusty
http://www.tiadon.com/designsbydusty/default.htm