Re: Frames or no frames

by "Paul Wilson" <webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:26:31 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Hi... I'm currently doing a site and thinking of using flash for the
> navigation menu.  If I do that I need to do the page using frames.
> Would appreciate your comments on using frames.  Can you give me the
> pros and cons based on your experiences?

        Frames - just say no!

Now you know how I feel about them.  Frames are banned at several search
engines and still others screw up framed sites.  If your using frames for
navigation it does little good for a viewer to come in from a search engine
on a page with no way to navigate the site.

Frames take more time.  Frames are harder to troubleshoot and they are not
universally accepted by all browsers.

Flash can do everything you need. Why mix up what you're doing.   See
http://www.miniusa.com for an example of a flash site that does it all.

Paul Wilson
webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com

---