Re: Mouseovers not working ... or are they?

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:29:24 -0800
 To:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Tested in Win2KPro over a 512K SDSL line:

*** MSIE 5.5 SP1 loaded and worked, but took a long time to load (about
20-25 seconds).

*** Netscape 6 and Mozilla 0.7 loaded a bit faster (but still took a bit --
10-15 seconds to load), but neither completed the top horizontal red bar
under "Web Sites that Work".

*** Netscape 4.76 loaded about the same speed as the newer version, also did
not complete the red bar, and when the mouse hovers over the AP logo, it
replaces the HOME button with what appears to be an original version of the
logo (IE, N6, M0.7 didn't do that).

*** Opera 5 loaded the fastest (about 5 seconds), and appears to be the one
and only browser to get it all right. The AP logo flashes the "AP Home"
graphic when moused over, the red bar is complete, and the buttons all
worked (the buttons all worked in the other browser, but the rollover
versions took a long time to load).

Hope this helps!
Kehvan