RE: FTP Problem

by "Ezra Freelove" <esfreelo(at)valdosta.edu>

 Date:  Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:51:25 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
<web-design(at)yahoogroups.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Maria,

In general, the best approach is to use binary for anything except for
text files. HTML, PHP, ASP, CGI, Perl, Text are all text files. Raw data
are stored in binaries. Some are more sensitive than others. For
example, PDFs and DOCs are not as sensitive to being uploaded as ASCII
as a GIF or JPG.

The litmus test really is to test what it looks like in a text editor.
If funny characters are displayed, then almost definitely it is a
binary.

Ezra Freelove
esfreelo(at)valdosta.edu
http://www.valdosta.edu/~esfeelo/