Re: quick mini-survey: default text size for IE 5.x users?

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Sun, 1 Jul 2001 02:57:50 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> 1. If you go to View->Text Size, which of the choices is selected:
> "Largest", "Larger", "Medium", "Smaller", or "Smallest"?
>
> 2. What is the exact version number displayed under About->Internet
> Explorer?  I have 5.50.4134.0100.  Also, since it might be relevant, what
> version of what operating system are you running?
>
> 3. To the best of your recollection, how did this installation of IE 5.x
> come to be on your machine -- was it downloaded and installed over an
older
> version, or did you buy a new computer with Windows ME and IE 5.5
> pre-installed, or how?

1: MEDIUM
    Default setting; has been changed for specific webpages and then
returned
2: v5.50.4522.1800, 128-bit cypher, Updates: SP1; Q299618
    Upgraded/Updated via WindowsUpdate
3: Upgrade installation from default install by Windows2000 Professional
    W2KP: v5.00.2195 SP2

Hope this helps! I would be interested in seeing your results when
tabulated.
Kehvan

PS: Something you might consider asking for is a sample screenshot of a
preset page of your design, to determine visually how the browser is
displaying things -- include a graphic of a specific size for reference,
then an assortment of text in various sizes (using the font size= command,
as well as CSS px/pt sizing).