Re: mySQL - using same db for two domains

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Nov 2000 12:50:29 -0000
 To:  "Sue Bailey" <sue(at)bartandsue.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sure you can "grant" rights for a user @ a host.  The problem may be
logistics and deviation from their standard operating procedure.  What web
based program are you using to admin your database?  Are both sites on the
same box?

If your interface currently has grant privileges and access to the mysql
tables then you can add these privileges:
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/commented/manual.php?section=Privil
eges_provided

like this:
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/commented/manual.php?section=Adding
_users

Consider this......................
Don't give the new user any privileges the program does not need.   If
select or insert will do then go no further.
Be careful with the host designations.  You could open up connections you do
not want.

My parting piece of advice is to go armed with the above information and use
it as talking points to have your host do it.  They have the "big picture"
of their server farm and could best implement this in a secure fashion.